How regularly do you buy plants?
Gardening is a passion in my life. I’m especially fond of succulents, which I propagate and replant quite a bit and shop for varieties I still want, when I can.
– How much time, on average, per week do you spend on plant upkeep?
I work from Monday to Friday, so I spend as much of my weekends as possible in my garden, probably between 4 and 8 hours. During the week I dead-head and water when I see it’s necessary.
– Why do you garden in your non-traditional space? (For example, are you trying to supplement groceries by growing your own? Or are you beautifying a space indoors?)
I garden because it is my happy place and brings me hours of peace and reward. My upstairs neighbours enjoy my garden too. Just watching the fruits of what I put in growing and providing texture and colour in the space is such fun.
I enjoy creating height by stacking pots, and introducing natural wind chimes and hanging baskets has elevated my garden in terms of interesting elements.
– How did you get into gardening?
I grew up with a Mom who loved gardening – some of her favourites were sweet peas, daffodils, ranunculas and dahlias – although I only became interested in doing it myself at age 21 when my mom bought me a pot and some seedlings. Since that time I have become more and more intrigued by plants and comforted by gardening, it really is a therapeutic art … the rest is history.
– What is the name of the suburb you currently reside in, and who do you live with?
Douglasdale – and my constant companion Todd is my cat and my boss! He is 13 years old now and is the love of my life!
– What type of home do you have? Flat/apartment, house, flat-share, garden cottage, etc
I have a ground floor apartment which affords me a space to spend plenty of time working in and enjoying my surroundings.
– What is your favourite place to buy plants?
I try to be price savvy when I buy and I look for specials and good deals, as Im sure a lot of buyers do. My favourite nursery experience is Lifestyle. I can spend lots of time just wandering, having tea, getting ideas. I love to visit on weekends, it’s a great place to spend my time.
– If you purchase from Lifestyle Home Garden, are you a Loyalty member?
Yes I am, have been for a number of years.
Since sending you those photos, my Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow is in full bloom and my Fuschia has blossomed too. Not to mention my air plant!!!!!