Welcome to the Kids Korner- the place where we show you how to bring your little ones into the garden. Each month we bring you ideas on how to spend time with your children, how to embrace their creativity and enable you to spend quality time with them.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: EASY, BUT PARENTAL SUPERVISION NECESSARY
A Potted Plant as a Gift for a Teacher
What you will need:
- Plant of your choice (we chose a beautiful yellow Gerbera)
- Plastic plant pot and saucer. Choose the correct size for your chosen plant to fit into. (Ours looked best in a white 20cm pot)
- Self-adhesive chalk board labels
- Chalk or chalkboard pen
- Craft glue
- Tape measure
- Creative craft embellishments (We found some gorgeous butterflies)
- Potting soil
- Lay out newspapers over a table or surface where you’ll be working so you don’t get anything dirty.
- Put craft glue around the rim circumference of your plastic pot and stick the tape measure around the rim. Cut off excess tape.
- Next, stick a self-adhesive chalk board label in the middle of one side of the pot.
- Decorate the rest of the pot with your chosen craft embellishments.
- Write your message on your chalk board label, using chalk or chalkboard pen. We chose to write “Thank you for helping me grow”, as a special message for a teacher.
- Plant your flower in your pot. Fill a quarter to half way with potting soil and place your plant into the pot. Top up with some more potting soil. Water well.
- Your gift is now ready to give to your teacher.
Have you read our previous Kids Korner post? We discussed in detail how to get your kids into the garden. Read more |HERE|
We would love to see what you and your children get up to in the garden! Tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #lifestylehomegarden and #lifestylekidskorner and the tag @LifestyleHomeGarden so that we can see your posts!