Your November Gardening Guide
Ready, set, grow your Summer garden with our November Gardening Guide!
- Spread a layer of compost throughout your garden to act as a slow release fertiliser and as a mulch for existing garden beds
- Dead head rose bushes and treat for aphids
- Mow lawns regularly and keep up the fertilising whilst watering well
- Plant hydrangeas now – they are a hot Summer fave!
- Plant your ready to plant, ready to use, ready to eat herb and veggie seedlings – on SPECIAL now in 12cm pots!
- Find your favourite colour varieties to plant now, with many on SPECIAL
- Plant landscape grasses as a hardy, low maintenance and water saving option that adds greenery and colourful textured foliage to your garden space
- Plant your Summer Bulbs: Amaryllis, Dahlia, Begonia, Crocosmia, Daubenya, Eucomis, Galtonia, Gladiolus, Gloriosa, Hemerocallis, Liatris, Nerine, Polianthes, Sondersonia, Sprekelia, Tigridia, Zantedeschia and Zephyranthes (subject to availability)
- Fertilise flowering plants with Flower & Fruit fertiliser or a 3:1:5 fertiliser – on SPECIAL now
- Feed your lawn with a 5:1:5 fertiliser – on SPECIAL now
- Fertilise your herbs, veggies and fruit with a 6:3:4 or a 3:1:5 – on SPECIAL now
You can also visit our fertiliser section for advice on the best food for your garden
- As it heats up it is important to water your plants in pots and containers more regularly
- Now is also the perfect time to take advantage of Summer rainfall and invest in a rainwater tank to harvest our precious rainwater to be used throughout your home and garden, and to help save on your water bill!
Sow Herbs and Veggies
- Now is a good time to sow fast growing veggies, like; radishes and lettuces at regular intervals
- You can sow vegetable seeds such as: Artichoke, Beans, Beetroot, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Capsicum, Carrot, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Leeks, Lettuce, Melon, Parsley, Pumpkin, Radish, Rape, Rhubarb, Spinach, Squash, Sweetcorn, Tomato, Turnip and Watermelon (subject to availability)
- You can sow herb seeds such as: Asparagus, Basil, Catnip, Celery, Chamomile, Chives, Coriander, Cumin, Dill, Echinacea, Evening Primrose, Garlic Chives, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Linseed, Lovage, Lucerne, Marjoram, Mint, Oreganum, Parsley, Paprika, Peppermint, Rocket, Sage, Spearmint, Tarragon and Thyme (subject to availability)
Sow Flower Seeds
- You can sow flower seeds such as: Alyssum, Anchusa, Antirrhinum, Aquilegia, Aster, Cactus, Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Coleus, Cosmos, Dahlia, Delphinium, Dianthus, Foxglove, Gazania, Gypsophila, Helichrysum, Hollyhock, Impatiens, Lobelia, Marigold, Nasturtium, Petunia, Phlox, Portulaca, Protea, Salvia, Sunflower, Thunbergia, Verbena White Lace Flower and Zinnia (subject to availability)